Solana SOL token symbol in soap bubble. The financial pyramid will burst soon and destroyed. Vector illustration.
- Solana’s price struggled to defend the $22 mark, sliding into a bearish trend.
- Recent developments highlight strong support for Solana tokens, including stablecoins like USDC.
Blockchain giant, Solana, has witnessed some intriguing price actions recently. Even though there’s been a notable uptick in the overall support for Solana tokens, with mentions of growing endorsements from platforms like OKX, as referred in a recent tweet by Solana, the price faced challenges.
Growing support for Solana tokens and stablecoins like USDC from @okx 💪
— Solana (@solana) October 12, 2023
Key Price Levels and Indicators
The buzz around Solana took a downturn when the bullish trend struggled to maintain above the $25 mark. An analysis had highlighted the importance of the $22 support level. However, instead of fortifying this benchmark, the SOL token saw this price level turn into a resistance on 12 October. Two primary focal points emerged for traders:
- The $21.5 marker that once served as support was now under the scanner for a potential downward retest.
- The market sentiment surrounding a potential bounce back to $21.6 was wavering.
Diving deeper into the technical charts, Solana’s two-hour chart painted a decisively bearish picture. What’s noteworthy is that a previous support zone ranging between $21.5-$21.84, identified on 9 October, flipped into resistance just three days later. Furthermore, the Relative Strength Index (RSI) has hovered below the neutral 50 since 8 October. Such indicators, coupled with the On-Balance Volume (OBV) showcasing a 10-day downtrend, indicated that selling volumes were surpassing buying volumes.
With these shifts, speculations were rife about Solana possibly trending further downwards, eyeing the $20.2 support zone from late August. Other supporting levels, like $21.13 and $20.6, were also discussed as potential halts to this bearish trend.
Market Sentiments and Predictions
Pre-release hours saw SOL clutching to the $21.13 support, hinting at a possible minor rebound. Yet, with the Open Interest (OI) on a decline, the resurgence to the $21.6 resistance, if any, appeared to be propelled majorly by the futures market.
Furthermore, the spot market, which usually offers clear conviction, showed Solana’s spot Cumulative Volume Delta (CVD) spiraling downwards since 8 October. This only intensified the anticipations of SOL hitting the $20.2 support zone imminently.
Best Crypto Exchange for Everyone
- Invest in Solana and over 200+ cryptocurrencies on America’s most trusted crypto exchange.
- Buy Solana easily and with low fees via PayPal and credit card.
- Enjoy super-low trading fees and access to more than 400 trading pairs.
- Coinbase is regulated by the SEC and FINRA in the USA, and by CySEC and FCA in Europe.
Crypto News Flash does not endorse and is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, or other materials on this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to cryptocurrencies. Crypto News Flash is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services mentioned.